Shopify is the most popular eCommerce website builder tool which is widely being used by startups and small-mid scale businesses from all over the world to build an eCommerce website or Shopify store.
If you have an eCommerce website built on Shopify and want to boost the overall sales by reaching more and more customers then you should perform Shopify store speed optimization and for that, you need to hire Shopify developer for Shopify optimization services.
By following some important factors you can boost the speed of the eCommerce website and provide your customers with a better shopping experience.
Follow these 5 steps to improve the speed of a Shopify store-
- Image Optimization
We all know that images play an important role in product selling. Due to the large size of images, most of the online stores have a lower rate of website speed resulting in a decreasing rate of product selling.
The best way to reduce the size of your images is to compress them. Compression allows an image to be encoded so that it is lighter and consumes less space than the original file.
With Shopify, you can do this in two different ways.
The first is to use a third-party service before integrating them. If you want to compress images before uploading them to your store, here are the best free solutions:
- Website Planet
These are free tools, but the big problem with this solution is that it takes a very long time to download each image, compress them, and then embed them.
- The second method is to use a Shopify app to compress them automatically or with a few clicks.
- Crush.pics- 25MB free, after that prices will start at $ 5 per month.
- Image Optimizer- Priced from $ 5 per month for 1000 images.
- SEO Image- A free plan is available. It’s a great plugin that does a lot more than compress images.
If you are working on a low budget, you can start by downloading the images and using Optimizilla. Otherwise, we still advise you to test Image SEO which offers a free plan.It works very simply with tasks to be launched according to your priorities.
- Choose The Right Type Of File
- The size of the images is also important, there is no need to upload large format images except to display a small thumbnail.
- Shopify suggests JPEG as the file type which is the best choice for an online store.
- GTmetrix is one of the best tools which gives you advice on which images on your page could be improved. If you’re trying to speed up your Shopify store using this tool, don’t forget to test on desktop and mobile.
- Optimize CSS Files
Another effective way to reduce the load time of all your pages is to optimize Shopify CSS files. How? ‘Or’ What? By minimizing them.
- Minimizing a file is removing all the spaces and putting everything on one line.
- Fortunately, you don’t have to do this yourself. Shopify can minimize your CSS files by itself.
- Don’t forget to make a backup of your theme before modifying any files.
- Choose A Different Theme
The speed of Shopify mostly depends on the type of theme you use. However, the basic themes having minimal features are relatively well optimized, but it is considered to choose the impressive and feature-rich e-commerce theme.If you don’t know which theme a Shopify store is using, you can use the Shopify Theme Detector to find out.
- Make Your Shopify Store Faster With AMP Pages
Another way to make loading faster is using AMP technology on your Shopify store. It is mobile technology for loading pages without actually leaving Google.
You can use AMP for your store blog posts, here are some Shopify apps you can use:
- AMP by Shop Sheriff
- Fire AMP
But the AMP format is not perfect and there are a lot of downsides to using it. We advise you to deepen your research with this article: Should you switch to AMP format?
Shopify is therefore a CMS particularly suited to small-mid scale shops and/or sites that do not have very specific needs. It allows you to discover step by step the universe of electronic commerce and has many add-ons to progress yourself and improve your site. However, keep in mind that performing Shopify page speed optimization for your store is a daily job.